Senior Staff Accountant – Morris County, NJ – up to $80k
• Coordinate with different departments to obtain the necessary support required to ensure timely journal entries.
• Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations and analysis to share with stakeholders for key accounts.
• Supervise and evaluate the performance of one to two staff accountants. Train and mentor as well
• Reviews and posts the submission of journal entries by the Staff Accountants to ensure accuracy and compliance of internal policies.
• Review monthly account reconciliations for completeness and accuracy.
• Respond to a variety of ad hoc projects
• Ensure accounting and finance activities are compliant with GAAP and internal policies and procedures.
• Proactively raise issues to management regarding financial or operational metrics
• Other duties are assigned.
• 4-6 years of accounting/finance experience
• BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or related studies
• CPA/CPA Candidate a plus!
• Strong accounting and analytical skills
• Must have excellent written/verbal communication skills
• Ability to follow through on tasks and additional work as needed
• Proficient in MS Office Suite with advanced proficiency in Excel
• Prior auditing experience preferred
• Must have the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and possess strong task management skills.
• Must be able to work independently
If you are qualified, please email a Word doc. attachment to: JillR@AplusPersonnel.com